The Dark Knight Quotes / Movie Quotes
* [To Rachel Dawes] You once told me, when the world would no longer need Batman, that we’d be together. Did you mean it?
* I’ve seen now what I would have to become to stop men like him.
* I knew the mob wouldn’t go down without a fight. But this is different. They crossed the line.
* Batman has no limits.
* [To the Joker] This city just showed you that it’s full of people ready to believe in good.
* [To the Joker] What were you trying to prove? That deep down, everyone’s as ugly as you?! You’re alone!
* [To the Joker] Then you’re gonna love me.
* [To Alfred] No. Gotham needs its true hero. And I let that murdering psychopath blow him half to hell.
* I believe in Harvey Dent.
* [To Rachel] You know that day you once told me about, when Gotham would no longer need Batman? It’s coming.
* I’m whatever Gotham needs me to be.
* [To Harvey, who is trying to intimidate one of Joker's henchmen by pretending to decide whether to kill or not on a coin toss] You’d leave a man’s life up to chance?
* [Referring to the fake "Batmen" who were using guns] That isn’t exactly what I had in mind when I said I wanted to inspire people.
* [To Gordon] You’ll hunt me. You’ll condemn me. Set the dogs on me. Because that’s what needs to happen. Because sometimes…the truth isn’t good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.
* [Pulls off the mask of one of the clowns revealing a hostage] Fox, the SWATs are targeting the wrong people! The clowns are the hostages!
* [Quoting Harvey Dent] “You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.” I can do those things, because I’m not a hero. Not like Dent. I killed those people. That’s what I can be.
* [To Harvey Dent] You’re the symbol of hope I can never be. Your stand against organized crime is the first legitimate ray of light in Gotham in decades. If anyone saw this, everything would be undone. All the criminals you pulled off the streets would be released, and Jim Gordon would have died for nothing.
* [when the fake 'Batmen' ask Batman why they can't do what he does] I’m not wearing hockey pads.
* Gotham needs a hero with a face.
* [when the Joker tells him that they are destined to fight forever] You’ll be in a padded cell forever!
* I believe whatever doesn’t kill you simply makes you… stranger.
* And I thought my jokes were bad.
* How ’bout a magic trick? [slams a pencil into the table standing upright] I’m gonna make this pencil disappear. [he slams the man's head into the pencil, forcing the entire pencil through his eye socket] Ta-da! It’s… [Turns to the men in the room] gone.
* Oh, and by the way, the suit, it wasn’t cheap. You oughta know, you bought it.
* Let’s wind the clock back a year. These cops and lawyers wouldn’t dare cross any of you. I mean…what happened? Did your–did your balls drop off? Hm?
* I know why you chose to have your little, uh [clears throat], group therapy sessions in broad daylight; I know why you’re afraid to go out at night. The Batman. You see, Batman has shown Gotham your true colors, unfortunately. Dent? He’s just the beginning. [pointing at Lao via webcam] And as for the…television’s so-called plan: Batman has no jurisdiction. He’ll find him and make him squeal. I know a squealer when I see one, and… [points at Lao, who shuts off the webcam]
* It’s simple. We kill the Batman.
* If you’re good at something, never do it for free.
* If we don’t deal with this now, soon little uh, Gambol here won’t be able to get a nickel for his grandma.
* [Tugging on a string connected to grenades] Ah, ah… let’s not blow this out of proportion.
* [Pulls out a Joker playing card] Here’s… my card.
* Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was…a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself; he doesn’t like that. Not…one…bit. So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. He turns to me and he says, “Why so serious?” He comes at me with the knife, “Why so serious?!” He sticks the blade in my mouth, “Let’s put a smile on that face!” And… why so serious?
* Now, our operation is small, but there’s a lot of potential for aggressive… expansion. So, which of our fine gentlemen would like to join our team? Oh! There’s only one spot open right now, so we’re gonna have, [breaks a cue stick in half]… tryouts. [throws one half in between Gambol's three men] Make it fast.
* Look at me… LOOK. AT. ME!
* See, this is how crazy Batman’s made Gotham! You want order in Gotham? Batman must take off his mask and turn himself in. Oh, and every day that he doesn’t, people will die. Starting tonight. I’m a man of my word. [laughs maniacally]
* Good evening, ladies and gentlemen… we are tonight’s entertainment! I have only one question: where is Harvey Dent?
* You know, you remind me of my father. [holds knife to speaker's face] I hated my father.
* [To Rachel] Well, hello beautiful. You must be Harvey’s squeeze. And you are beautiful. Oh, you look nervous. Is it the scars? Wanna know how I got ‘em? [grabs her chin as she continuously tries to look away] C’mere, look at me. So, I had a wife — beautiful, like you — who tells me I worry too much, who tells me I oughta smile more, who gambles and gets in deep with the sharks…[she squirms, and he pulls her back] Hey. One day they carve her face. And we got no money for surgeries. She can’t take it. I just want to see her smile again. Hmmm? I just wanted to let her know that I don’t care about the scars. So, I stick a razor in my mouth and do this… to myself. And you know what? She can’t stand the sight of me! She leaves! Now I see the funny side. Now, I’m always smiling!
* I like this job. I like it.
* Harvey, Harvey, Harvey Dent. [pushes the driver out of the way] Oh, ‘scuse me, I wanna drive.
* Now there’s a Batman.
* [Batman races towards him on the Batpod] Come on. I want you to do it. I want you to do it. Come on, hit me. Hit me! I want you to hit me! Come on. Do it! Hit me!
* [The Joker is about to remove Batman's mask when a cop stands over him with a shotgun] Arrgh. Could you please just give me a minute?
* [After Batman has slammed his head into a table] Never start with the head. The victim gets all fuzzy. He can’t feel the next–[Batman pounds the Joker's hand and he comically waits to register the pain] See?
* There’s no going back. You’ve changed things… forever.
* [To Batman,laughing] I- I don’t want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No…no, no. No, you… You. Complete. Me.
* [To Batman] They need you right now. When they don’t…they’ll cast you out. Like a leper.
* When the chips are down, these, uh, these “civilized people”…they’ll eat each other.
* You see, I’m not a monster. I’m just ahead of the curve.
* Evening… Commissioner.
* The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules. And tonight, you’re gonna break your one rule.
* How many of your friends have I killed?
* Do you want to know why I use a knife? Guns are too quick. You can’t savor all the… little… emotions. You see, in their… last moments, people show you who they really are. So in a way…I knew your friends better than you ever did. Would you like to know which of them were cowards?
* You see, I’m a guy of simple tastes. I enjoy, uh, dynamite, and gunpowder, and gasoline! And do you know what they all have in common? They’re cheap.
* All you care about is money. This town deserves a better class of criminal, and I’m gonna give it to them.
* I had a vision of a world without Batman. The mob ground out a little profit, and the police tried to shut them down one block at a time. And it was so…boring. I’ve had a change of heart. I don’t want Mr. Reese spoiling everything, but why should I have all the fun? Let’s give someone else a chance. If Coleman Reese isn’t dead in 60 minutes, then I blow up a hospital.
* Do I really look like a guy with a plan? you know what I am? I’m a dog chasing cars. I wouldn’t know what to do with one if I caught it! You know… I just do things.
* The mob has plans. The cops have plans. Gordon’s got plans. They’re schemers, you know? Schemers trying to control their little worlds. I’m not a schemer.
* Freak? Why don’t we cut you up into little pieces and feed you to your pooches, hmm? And then we’ll see how loyal a hungry dog really is! It’s not about money, it’s about sending a message – Everything burns!
* I just want my phone call.
* Introduce a little anarchy…upset the established order…and everything becomes chaos. I’m an agent of chaos. And you know the thing about chaos? It’s fair.
* It’s a funny world we live in.
* [To Batman] This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible, aren’t you? Huh? You won’t kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won’t kill you because… you’re just too much fun! I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
* You know what I noticed? Nobody panics when things go “according to plan”…even if the plan is horrifying. If tomorrow I tell the press that, like, a gang-banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics…because it’s all part of the plan. But when I say that one little old mayor will die… well, then everyone loses their minds!
* Well, you made it! I’m so thrilled.
* You didn’t think I’d risk losing the battle for Gotham’s soul in a fist fight with you?! No… you need an ace in the hole. Mine’s Harvey.
* You see, madness, as you know, is… like gravity – all it takes is a little push!
* Through the magic of diesel fuel and ammonium nitrate, I’m ready right now to blow you all sky high.
* The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you…the dawn is coming.
* [To Sal Maroni, while sitting in a vehicle, after flipping his coin] You’re a lucky man. [about Sal's driver, after flipping his coin once more] He’s not…your driver [Two-Face shoots the driver, possibly killing Maroni in the process]
* You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
* You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time…but you were wrong! The world is cruel. And the only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased, unprejudiced, fair. His boy has the same chance she had: 50/50.
* [in response to Rachel about leaving important decisions to chance] I don’t, I make my own luck.
* [To Joker] You live… [showing one face of his coin] You die! [shows the other face]
* [To Gordon after he asks about the name they had for him at internal affairs] SAY IT!
* [After the public demand the arrest of Batman] So be it, take the Batman into custody. I am the Batman.
* [To Rachel while she demands he tell the truth about Batman] Heads, I go through with it. [Tosses her a two-headed coin]
* Have you ever had to talk to the person you love most? To tell them it’s going to be all right, when you know that it’s not? Well, you’re gonna know how that feels like, Gordon. Then you can look me in the eye and tell me you’re sorry!
* [In response to Gordon saying he's sorry] No. No you’re not. Not yet.
* [To Maroni] Are you going to join your wife? Do you love her? Do you ever wonder what it would be like to listen to her die?
* Tell your boy it’ll be all right, Gordon. Lie. Like I lied.
* You think I want to escape from this? There is no escape from this!
* It’s not about what I want, it’s about what’s FAIR!
* When their enemies were at the gate, the Romans would suspend democracy and appoint one man to protect the city. It wasn’t considered an honor. It was considered public service.
* [after a witness tries to shoot him] But, your honor, I wasn’t finished.
* If we’re going to play games, I’m going to need a cup of coffee.
* [Batman has agreed to take the blame for Two-Face's murders so that Harvey Dent can be remembered as a hero] He’s the hero that Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now…and so we’ll hunt him…because he can take it…because he’s not our hero… he’s a silent guardian, a watchful protector… a Dark Knight. [credits roll]
* [Holding a shotgun on the Joker] We got you, you son of a bitch.
* No! Dent is there with them! We have to save Dent! I have to save Dent!
* Mount the curb!
* [After being told by Harvey that he runs a unit of dirty cops] I have to do the best I can with what I have.
* [To Batman after he realizes he's going to take the blame for the murders] No, no. You can’t, you’re not.
* [To the mayor, after being asked what they have on the Joker] Nothing. No matches on prints. DNA. Dental. Clothing is custom, no labels. Nothing in his pockets but knives and lint. No name. No other alias.
* You crossed the line first, sir. You hammered them, and in their desperation they turned to a man they didn’t fully understand. Some men aren’t looking for anything logical, like money. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.
* It will be nice when Wayne Manor is rebuilt so you can swap not sleeping in a penthouse for not sleeping in a mansion.
* (upon Harvey meeting Alfred) [Harvey Dent: Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should be aware of?] You have no idea.
* [After being told by Bruce Wayne that his failures lets him learn] Well, you should be pretty knowledgeable by now, then.
* [before Bruce leaves him with a boat full of Russian ballerinas] You can tell me the Russian for “apply your own bloody suntan lotion”!
* [After Batman asks him how he captured the bandit he was pursuing in Burma during his SAS days] We burned the forest down.
* [After Bruce uses an extremely noisy gun to fire several test shots] I’m not sure you made it loud enough, sir.
* [After Bruce tells him that today he gets to say 'I told you so'] Today sir, I don’t want to. [pause] But I did bloody tell you.
* [To Bruce, after he announced his support for Harvey Dent] Harvey may not know you well enough to understand when you’re making fun of him. But I do.
* [Strapped to a timebomb, with a phone in front of her, hearing Batman saving Dent from the same situation] Okay … Harvey, it’s okay. Listen to me- somew- [the bomb explodes]
* Bruce, don’t make me your only hope for a normal life.
* [Voiceover while Alfred is reading Rachel's letter to Bruce] Dear Bruce; I need to be honest and clear. I’m going to marry Harvey Dent. I love him, and I want to spend the rest of my life with him. When I told you that if Gotham no longer needed Batman we could be together, I meant it. But now I’m sure that the day won’t come when you no longer need Batman. I hope it does. And, if it does, then I will be there, but as your friend. I’m sorry to let you down. If you lose your faith in me, please, keep your faith in people. Love now, and always, Rachel.
* [To Batman, after he has saved her life] Let’s not do that again.
* [Answering Harvey Dent's marriage proposal just prior to her own death] I don’t want to live without you. And I do have an answer for you. And my answer is yes.
* [Looking at the Bat-Signal] That’s why we bring dogs.
* My dogs are hungry! [turns to fake Batman] Pity there is only one of you.
* [to the Joker] Not so crazy as you look!
Curently Viewing: The Dark Knight Quotes, Batman Quotes, Joker Quotes, Movie Quotes.