Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Quotes / Movie Quotes
* [On being asked if dying hurt] Dying? Not at all. Quicker and easier than falling asleep.
* My whole family have been in Slytherin…maybe I’ll break tradition.
* See ya, Snivellus!
* We are part of you. Invisible to anyone else.
* [In response to "Where do vanished objects go?"] I dunno, do I? Shut it!
* [referring to the razor he gives to Harry for his birthday] Ahhh…This eez a rather clever device, and et shaves you quite smoothly. But you’ll ‘ave to tell et ex’ctly where you want et to shave, ow’therwise you will find a lot less ‘air where you don’t want et.
* (disguised as Harry with Polyjuice Potion) Bah.. Bill, don’t look at me – I’m ‘ideous.
* ‘Arry, you saved my sister’s life, I do not forget.
* (awkwardly attempts to break the embarrassment caused by Percy Weasley’s appearance) So… ‘ow eez leetle Teddy?
* You bloody fools!
* [after being thanked for saving Harry, Ron, and Hermione's lives]] Look after ‘em, then, I may not be able to save ‘em a third time.
* [To Ron] Brains like that, you could be a Death Eater, son. Haven’t I just proved my Patronus is a goat?
* [To Harry, Ron and Hermione] Secrets and lies, that’s how we lived, and Albus – he was a natural.
* There’s only one way in, now. You must know they’ve got all old secret passageways covered at both ends, Dementors all around the boundry walls, regular patrols inside the school from what my sources tell me. The place has never been so heavily guarded. How you expect to do anything once you get inside, with Snape in charge and the Carrows as his Deputies … well, thats your lookout, isn’t it? You say you’re prepared to die.
* [referring to the Patronus] It’s a goat, idiot!
* Harry, you wonderful boy, you brave, brave man.
* It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it.
* I loved them, I loved my parents, I loved my brother and my sister, but I was selfish, Harry, more selfish than you, who, as a remarkably selfless person, could possibly imagine.
* [Last words to Lupin and Kingsley] Harry is the best hope we have. Trust him.
* That which Voldemort does not value, he takes no trouble to understand. Of house-elves and children’s tales, of love, loyalty, and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. That they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond the reach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped.
* Power was my weakness and my temptation.
* (when Harry asked why he made the journey so difficult) I am afraid I counted on Miss Granger to slow you up, Harry. I was afraid your hot head would dominate your good heart. I was scared that, if presented outright with the facts of those tempting objects, you would seize them as I did; at the wrong time, for the wrong reasons. If you laid hands on them, I wanted you to possess them safely. You are the true master, because the true master does not run away from Death. He accepts that he must die and knows that there are far, far worse things in the living world than dying.
* [planning his death] I admit I am vain enough to prefer a quick, easy end, rather than the prolonged, messy affair it is likely to be if, say, Greyback is involved… or dear Bellatrix, who likes to play with her food before she eats it.
* I ask this one great favour of you, Severus, because death is coming for me surely as the Chudley Cannons will finish bottom of this year’s league.
* Do not pity the dead, Harry, pity the living. Above all pity those who live without love. By returning you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed and fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say goodbye for the present.
* [To Harry] If he could only have understood the precise and terrible power of that sacrifice, he would not, perhaps, have dared to touch your blood… but then, if he had been able to understand, he could not have been Lord Voldemort, and might never have murdered at all.
* [Last words to Harry] Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?
* Only help will be given to those who ask for it at Hogwarts.
* Its our choices that show who we truly are far more than our abilities Harry.
* Harry you can love and that is something Voldemort doesn’t have.
* [To Harry] I don’t think you’re a waste of space.
* Why isn’t he [Harry] coming with us?
* [Responding to Scrimgeour's question of why Harry's birthday cake is shaped like a Snitch] Oh, it can’t be a reference to the fact Harry’s a great Seeker, that’s way too obvious, there must be a secret message from Dumbledore hidden in the icing!
* Imagine losing fingernails, Harry! That really puts our sufferings into perspective, doesn’t it?
* [To Ron, mirroring a line in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone] Are you a wizard, or what?
* Always the tone of surprise.
* [Punching Ron after each word] You – complete – arse – Ronald – Weasley!
* [Punching Ron after each word] You – crawl – back – here – after – weeks – and – weeks – oh, where’s my wand?
* Merlin’s pants!
* [After transforming into Harry by the Polyjuice Potion] Harry, your eyesight really is awful.
* You could claim that anything’s real if the only basis for believing in it is that nobody’s ever proved that it doesn’t exist!
* Mudblood, and proud of it!
* [Crying, begging for Ron to stop from pursuing Death Eaters after Fred's death] We will fight! We’ll have to reach the snake! But let’s not lose sight now of what we’re supposed to be d-doing! We’re the only ones who can end it!
* Wands are only as powerful as the wizards who use them. Some wizards just like to boast that theirs are bigger and better than other people’s.
* You are an unusual wizard, Harry Potter.
* If I believe there is a wizard that is not to his own good, that will be you, Harry Potter.
* So young, to be fighting so many.
* [hitting Mundungus Fletcher with a pan] Perhaps just one more, Master Harry, for luck?
* Fight! Fight! Fight for my Master, defender of house-elves! Fight the Dark Lord, in the name of brave Regulus! Fight!
* Vot is the point of being an international Quidditch player if all the good-looking girls are taken?
* [Greeting Hermione at The Burrow] You look wonderful.
* Harry Potter! Your death approaches.
* [Last lines] What will happen to your children when I’ve killed you? When Mummy’s gone the same way as Freddie?
* (To Voldemort) I’ll join you when hell freezes over! Dumbledore’s Army!
* Thing was they bit off a bit more than they can chew with Gran. Little old witch living alone, they probably thought they didn’t need to send anyone particularly powerful. Anyway, Dawlish is still in St. Mungo’s and Gran’s on the run.
* (To Harry) Everyone in this room has proved they’re loyal to Dumbledore – loyal to you.
* (About rebelling against the Carrows) It got more difficult as time went on. We lost Luna over Christmas and Ginny never came back after Easter, the three of us were sort of the leaders. The Carrows knew that I was behind a lot of it so they came down on me hard.
* (a graffiti sign) Dumbledore’s Army-Still recruiting!
* [To Harry, Ron and Hermione] You didn’t hear her, you wouldn’t have stood it either. The thing is, it helps when people stand up to them, it gives everyone hope. I used to notice that when you did it, Harry.
* Daddy, look- one of the gnomes actually bit me!
* Thank you so much Dobby for rescuing me from that cellar. It’s so unfair that you had to die when you were so good and brave. I’ll always remember what you did for us. I hope you’re happy now.
* I think the answer is, a circle that has no beginning.
* [Agreeing to cause a distraction] Oooh, look, a Blibbering Humdinger!
* [After McGonagall says Lord Voldemort is attacking] Ooh! We can say that name now?
* [On the Ravenclaws' reaction to the unconscious body of Alecto Carrow] Oh, look! They’re pleased!
* Are you refering to the symbol of The Deathly Hallows?
* How wonderful! Gnome saliva is enormously beneficial!
* You may have been gifted by the Gernumbilies!
* They took her. They took my Luna.
* I am sorry too. Sorry I will never know him [his newborn son]… but he will know why I died and I hope he will understand. I was trying to make a world in which he could live a happier life.
* [On Potterwatch] I’d tell him [Harry] we’re all with him in spirit, and to follow his instincts, which are good and nearly always right.
* [To Luna] You were an inexpressible comfort to me in that terrible place.
* The wand chooses the wizard, that much has always been clear to those of us who have studied wandlore.
* [The trio are arguing about who should and shouldn't break into the Ministry] Fine, I’ll stay here. Let me know if you ever defeat Voldemort, won’t you?
* [To Ron and Hermione kissing] Oi! There’s a war going on here!
* [Amycus Carrow spits in Professor McGonagall's face and Harry pulls off his invisibility cloak] You shouldn’t have done that. [Using Crucio] I see what Bellatrix meant, you need to really mean it.
* I think dating opportunities are going to be pretty thin on the ground, to be honest.
* She’s seeing someone. Jealous type. Big bloke. You wouldn’t want to cross him. [In response to Krum upon his interest in Ginny]
* [19 years later, to his son] Albus Severus, you were named for two headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew.
* Then we’ll have nothing to do but find Horcruxes… it’ll be like a holiday, won’t it?
* [To Voldemort, right before they duel]] So it all comes down to this, doesn’t it? Does the wand in your hand know its last master was Disarmed? Because if it does … I am the true master of the Elder Wand.
* [To Rufus Scrimgeour] Interesting theory. Has anyone ever tried putting a sword into Voldemort? Maybe the Ministry should get some people onto that, instead of wasting their time stripping down Deluminators or covering up breakouts from Azkaban.
* [To Remus Lupin, after Remus says that he doesn't want his son to meet him] I’d never have believed it. The man who taught me to fight Dementors – a coward.
* I don’t want anyone else to try to help. It’s got to be like this. It’s got to be me.
* Nobody. There are no more horcruxes. It’s just you and me. Neither can live while the other survives, and one of us is about to leave for good.
* The (Elder) wand’s more trouble than it’s worth. Quite honestly, I’ve had enough trouble for a life time.
* [in response to where he would like to be sorted] Gryffindor, where dwell the brave at heart! Like me Dad.
* You’ll do no more murder at Hogwarts!
* [When Harry asks him about the Diadem of Ravenclaw] A little extra wisdom never goes amiss, Potter, but I hardly think it would be much use in this situation!
* [To a bunch of animated desks] CHARGE!!!!!!!!
* [On Harry using Crucio on Amycus Carrow] Potter, I – that was very – very gallant of you.
* [To Severus Snape] Coward! COWARD!
* [Telling the students of Snape's departure] He has, to use the common phrase, done a bunk.
* [In response to "Where do vanished objects go?"] Into non-being, which is to say, everything.
* [To Horace Slughorn] If you wish to leave with your students we shall not stop you, but if any of you attempt to sabotage our resistance or take up arms against us within this castle, then Horace, we duel to kill.
* [To Horace Slughorn] The time has come for Slytherin House to decide upon its loyalties.
* [When Argus Filch complains about students being out of bed] They’re supposed to be, you blithering idiot! Now go and do something constructive. Find Peeves!
* [When Argus Filch stutters Peeves' name right after this] Yes, Peeves. Haven’t you been complaining about him for the past quarter of a century?
* [About Snape after Slughorn comes panting into the room and after Snape jumps out window] (gesturing to broken window) Our headmaster is taking a short break.
* Tentacula. Devil’s Snare. And Snargaluff pods … yes, I’d like to see the Death Eaters fighting those.
Riddle, Tom (Lord Voldemort)
* I have been careless, and so have been thwarted by luck and chance, those wreckers of all but the best laid plans.
* Is it love again? Dumbledore’s favourite solution, love? Which he claimed conquered death? Though love did not stop him falling from the tower and breaking like an old waxwork. Love? Which did not prevent me stamping out your Mudblood mother like a cockroach, Potter. And nobody seems to love you enough to run forward this time and take my curse. So what will stop you dying now when I strike?
* It matters not! It matters not whether Snape was mine or Dumbledore’s, or what petty obstacles they tried to put in my path. I crushed them as I crushed your mother, Snape’s supposed great love. Oh, but it all makes sense Potter and in ways that you do not understand. Dumbledore was trying to keep the Elder Wand from me. He intended that Snape should be the true master of the wand. But I got there ahead of you little boy. I reached the wand before you could get your hands upon it. I understood the truth before you caught up. I killed Severus Snape three hours ago and the Elder Wand, the Death Stick, the Wand of Destiny is truly mine. Dumbledore’s last plan went wrong, Harry Potter.
* [Mockingly] Harry Potter. The Boy Who Lived.
* I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you. You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour.
* (Chasing Harry while flying) Mine!
* [Last words] Avada Kedavra!
* Hide them all, then. Keep her – them – safe. Please. (In reference to the Potters)
* I wish… I wish I were dead…
* (In reference to Dumbledore saying he should kill him) Would you like me to do it now? Or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph?
* [To Lily] He fancies you, James Potter fancies you!
* [Last words] Look… at… me…
* [In the form of his lynx Patronus] The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming.
* [On Potterwatch] I’d say that it’s one short step from ‘wizards first’ to ‘purebloods first’ to ‘Death Eaters’. We’re all human, aren’t we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.
* BLOODY HELL
* IF WE DIE FOR THEM, I’LL KILL YOU, HARRY!
* [Punching Draco Malfoy from under the Invisibility Cloak] That’s the second time we’ve saved your life tonight, you two-faced bastard!
* Always the tone of surprise.
* [On Harry's birthday present] It’s not for my mother’s eyes.
* How in the name of Merlin’s pants have you managed to get your hands on those Horcrux books?
* [On being told that his soul would remain whole if Hermione stabbed him] Which would be a real comfort to me, I’m sure.
* No, brutal triple murder by the bridegroom’s mother might put a bit of a damper on the wedding.
* Brilliant, I’ll go and get one of our other ancient goblin-made swords and you can gift wrap it
* [To his children, Rose and Hugo] If you’re not in Gryffindor, we’ll disinherit you, but no pressure.
* [Referring to Draco Malfoy's son] Make sure you beat him in every test, Rosie. Thank God you inherited your mother’s brains.
* And are they getting married in my bedroom? No! So why in the name of Merlin’s saggy left -
* [After kissing Hermione during the battle] It’s now or never, isn’t it?
* [To Hermione] You’re a genius.
* All’s fair in love and war, and this is a bit of both.
* [With regard to Peeves singing his victory song.] Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn’t it?
* I knew Ginny was lying about that tattoo.
* Blimey, Neville, there’s a time and a place for getting a smart mouth.
* And what in the name of Merlin’s most baggy Y fronts is so important?
* -because it’s the first time for all of us!
* [When all the kids are staring at older Harry on the train] Don’t let it worry you…It’s me. I’m extremely famous.
* “It hasn’t exactly been a picnic, mate.”
* Thirteen of us against one bloke who’s not allowed to use magic; we’ve got no chance.
* Pathetic, pathetic! With the whole world of ear-related humour before you, you go for holey?
* [Referring to Voldemort on Potterwatch] The fact remains that he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to.
* I’m George, can’t you even tell us apart when we’re Harry? I’m only yanking your wand, I’m Fred really.
* For instance, this new idea that You-Know-Who can kill with a single glance from his eyes. That’s a Basilisk, listeners. One simple test: check whether the thing that’s glaring at you has got legs. If it has, it’s safe to look into its eyes, although if it really is You-Know-Who, that’s still likely to be the last thing you ever do.
* [last words] “You actually are joking, Perce … I don’t think I’ve heard you joke since you were —“
* [in reference to looking like Harry] Well, none of us really fancy it, Harry. Imagine if something went wrong and we were stuck as specky, scrawny gits forever.
* [Upon Fred's question about whether he was right in the head] I’m holy, holey Fred, geddit?
* Why aren’t Ron and Bill huddled round my sickbed?
* [After losing an ear] Ah well, you’ll be able to tell us apart now, anyway, Mum.
* [After Fred praises Harry's speech] Yeah, ‘ear, ‘ear.
* [To Fred about both looking like Harry] Wow – we’re identical!
* [Talking to Harry after she learns he is going to search for the remaining horcruxes] So then I thought, I’d like you to have something to remember me by, you know, if you meet some Veela when you’re off doing whatever you’re doing.
* There’s the silver lining I’ve been looking for.
* [After Bellatrix aims a Killing Curse at Ginny] NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU BITCH!
* [To Bellatrix] You — will — never — touch — our — children — again!
* I was a fool! I was an idiot, I was a pompous prat, I was a – a -
* I’m sorry, Dad.
* [Duelling the Minister of Magic] Hello, Minister! Did I mention I’m resigning?
* No – no – no! No! Fred! No!
* [Avenging Fred's death] ROOKWOOD!
* Peeves- We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter’s the one, And Voldy’s gone moldy so now lets have fun!
* [Engraved on Dobby's grave] Here lies Dobby, a Free Elf.
* [Engraved on the Potters' grave. Taken from the Bible] The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. (1 Corinthians 15:26)
* [Engraved on Rowena Ravenclaw's diadem] Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.
* [Engraved on Ariana and Kendra Dumbledore's grave. Taken from the Bible] Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matthew 6:21)
Currently Viewing: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Quotes, Harry Potter Quotes, Movie Quotes